Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Day Three at the Seeing Eye – Pete the puppy

Day Three at the Seeing Eye – Pete the puppy

Day three started out much like the other two days, except for the 6 o’clock wake-up call. We went to breakfast and I had a discussion with my instructor about whether or not the dog would fit in my small car. One of the important things I was asked to do is “just walk with me.” So, I did and had a wonderful time at our 7:45 Juno walk.

After we came back to the Eye we had a great lecture by the President Jim Cutch. He discussed the history of the Seeing eye, the importance of trademark, and the $65,000 cost of each person trimming with a “seeing Eye dog.” He also speculated as to where the term we use, “park time” came from the fact that there was a public park across the street from the old building in Nashville in which the dogs used to empty.

As lunch rolled around, my excitement was mounting and the buffalo chicken sandwitch was awesome.

Then, it was time to wait until… dum dum dum dum… the knock came.

Do you have your audio?” I was asked

“Yep.” I responded.

“do you have him.”

“yep, I have your buddy.”

I was than sat on a coutch in the men’s lounge and given the name of my dog. His name is Pete and he is the “happiest dog I’ve ever seen” according t my instructor.

So, we came to the room and began the bonding process. He is a great dog and I think I’m really going to love him.

Well, that’s all for now.

Tomorrow is another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

would love your comment. Cuitisicism will not be tollerated and will be removed.