Sunday, January 9, 2011

Second day at the Eye

aWell it’s been an eventful day here at the Seeing Eye. We, well -- actually -- I got up at 4 after not much sleep. I played games on the computer until about 6 at which time I checked my sugar levels and they were a little high but not as high as I'd originally thought.

Then, we had breakfast at which I had my first English muffin in quite some time. After Breakfast, I went on my juno walk with the instructor and I got to see the training lounge for the first time. It's quite the nice please. The walk went great but I had my first case of shin splints in quite some time. I've determined that I was walking a little too fast so, tomorrow, I'll slow down a little bit and see if the pull is good and the pace matches well for me.

We next came back and I got a chance to play the piano in the common lounge and Hear Julia mosenand another student play the flute and piano respectively. They are both some talented musicians to say the least. I even tried my hand at singing a tennor solo that I remembered from a long time back and what was amazing is that the woman actually played the right accompaniment. Cool!

We then had a fire drill, a lecture from Walt Sutton, lunch, and dog handling and obedience work. They were covered in much more through detail than in times past so that was awesome.

We then had dinner, and ended with a wine and cheese social. All in all, I had quite the full day.

I will be able to post some audio of my Juno walkand the meeting with the new dog. I've got to watch what I record because I don't want to record people without their permission.

Well, that's all for now. See ya' on the flip side..
b

1 comment:

  1. Hey bro. loving the blog it's such a cool idea that I might have to do it the next time I go to the seeing eye. Please tell everyone there that Kenya and I say hello! You know I am stoked about any audio you can share... Take care, and know that Kim and I are praying for you. God bless.

    ReplyDelete

would love your comment. Cuitisicism will not be tollerated and will be removed.